Organic Lavender (High Altitude)France
- Country of Origin France
- Plant Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae).
- Method of Extraction: The oil is steam distilled from the freshly cut flowering tops.
- Main Theraputic Properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antirheumatic, Antispasmodic, Calmative.
- Contraindications: Non toxic and non irritant in prescribed doses.
- Oil Appearance: Clear to pale yellow.
- Chakra: Heart, Crown & Base.
- Chinese Element: Fire (& Wood).
Approved by the Soil Association.
Lavender is the most widely used essential oil in aromatherapy, particularly for its relaxing and antiseptic properties.
Lavender has a fresh, floral, sweet aroma and is clear to pale yellow in colour. Our Lavender grows at around 1,000 metres in the foothills of the Alps, in the Provence region of France. It has a 44% Linalyl Acetate content indicating a superior quality oil. Its overall Ester content is 50-52%, which gives this exceptionally fine oil its gentle, rounded aroma.
The plant name is derived from the latin 'Lavare' - to wash, probably from its use to cleanse wounds.
Lavender is best known for its relaxing properties; try placing two drops on a handkerchief by your pillow at bedtime.