Bay Laurel (Morocco)
- Botanical family: Lauraceae
- Extraction: Distilled from the leaves and branches
- Fragrance: Profile: Fresh, strong but sweet, camphoraceous and slightly spicy aroma. middle/base note
- Therapeutic properties: Analgesic, Antiseptic, Astringent, Stimulant
- Appearance: Pale Yellow to Pale Olive; sometimes colourless.
- Chakra: Base and Sacral chakra
Contraindications: This essential oil has a high phenol content. Therefore, should be used with caution and avoid overexposure. Stimulating and skin irritant when used above prescribed dosages. Keep away from children. Do not use during pregnancy. Do not use if there is a history of hypertension
The composition of Bay is outstanding; it contains constituents from almost all of the functional groups – Oxides, Alcohols, Phenols, and Esters. This explains its multitude of uses. It is therefore beneficial for the digestive system – as an appetite stimulant, but also to expel wind, settle stomach pain and it has a tonic effect on the liver and kidneys.