Thyme Thymol (Spain)
- Plant Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae)
- Method of Extraction: The oil is distilled from the leaves of the plant
- Therapeutic Properties: Antibacterial, Anticatarrhal, Anti-infectious, Digestive stimulant, Antirheumatic, Stimulant.
- Fragrance Profile: Deep spicy amber base note
- Appearance: Clear light yellow
- Contraindications: Avoid use during pregnancy and if suffering from high blood pressure. Use in moderation and at a low dilution. Avoid use on sensitive skin.Chakra: Resonates with the base Chakra
- Element: Water & Metal
Also known as White Thyme, this essential oil has fresh, herbal top notes and sweet, spicy undertones. Its aroma and action are slightly milder than Sweet (Red) Thyme. It is often used in convalescence, to prevent infection and to treat respiratory problems.
There are many varieties of Thyme available. The aroma and action of White Thyme essential oil are slightly milder than Red Thyme. This oil has a particular affinity with the respiratory system and can be used for coughs, colds, bronchitis and sore throats. It is also beneficial for urinary problems such as cystitis. Thyme's warming effect can ease muscular aches and pains and it also has a tonic effect on the digestive system, helping to increase and regulate the appetite.